Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Brady!

Today is my little boy's first birthday. In some respects, it seems like he was just born yesterday but then again, it is hard to remember our life without him. His little giggle and smile is precious and it honestly melts my heart when he says "mama". Some of my favorite moments happen after his late night feedings when it is just the two of us. After he eats, he puts his head on my shoulder and cuddles while we sit in the rocking chair. We usually only sit for a few minutes but on most days, this is the only alone time I get with him so I do my best to appreciate these moments because I know they won't last forever.

For Brady's birthday, I thought it would be fun to document his day in pictures.

Brady started off his day by playing with some toys...


Before long, it was nap time (with his "giraffie" of course)

Sweet sleeping baby

Re-energized and ready to go!

No one said he was dainty eater! :)

Brady always carries around things in his mouth (probably so he can have his hands free to get into even more trouble!)

Bumping his head AGAIN.

A path of disaster follows Brady from room to room

Dinner Time

Ready for dessert...

He was very excited about the candle!

Talking to Dad about how to blow out the candle

Trying to take it all in one bite


Finger-lickin' good!!!

...and he ate every last bite!

-Present Time-



Doehne's version of Rockband

-Bed Time-

...and this is the little face I get to say goodnight to every night. I am one lucky Mom!

6 comments:

mommy23 said...

So sweet! Happy birthday little B!

Kristi said...

Great post Susie! Happy 1st Birthday Brady!

Elaine said...

So sweet Susie - thanks for sharing! Love all the pictures and especially the ding dong!

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Brady! And Congrats to you, mama. Such a big accomplishment!

Paula said...

So sweet. You are definately a lucky lady, (as am I!) Happy Birthday Brady :)

The Arnolds said...

Adorable! I can't believe he's 1 already! Happy birthday B!