Monday, April 11, 2011

Snow Bunny

During each winter for the past several years, I have talked about taking Abi skiing. Since I learned how to ski at a young age, I thought it was important for her to give it a try while she is still fairly fearless and open to the idea. So last weekend Abi and I finally made it to the ski hill. Although I tried to prepare her for the experience, she was over-the-top dramatic from the minute she put on her ski boots to the moment we got in the car to head home. In hindsight, I'm not sure why I would have thought it would be any different...this is Abi we are talking about after all.

Abi taking a ride on the Magic Carpet at Snoqualmie Summit

During our 2 hours on the hill, I discovered a new found respect for ski school instructors. I only had my own child to deal with and throughout, I had to dig deep for a new level of patience. I could not imagine trying to teach a class of 5 year olds!

Despite her dramatics, Abi did great, seemed to enjoy it and we were able to get in about 5 or 6 runs. Abi's only goal for the day was to make a snow angel, which she completed before we headed down the mountain so I guess that means that our day was a success!

2 comments:

The Arnolds said...

Way to go Abi and mom! :) I'm impressed at how many runs you actually did! I'm sure every year after this it'll just slowly get better and better!

Kristi said...

That's awesome! We want to get Liam on skis next year!