Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bad Idea

With the sun shining today, I thought it would be fun to take Sadie, Brady and Nattie to the park for a walk.  Brady wanted to ride his bike so I got his helmet on, got Nattie strapped in the carrier and Sadie on her leash.  We headed down the trail to a walking bridge which is surrounded by shallow, swampy water.  All was well until Brady fell off his bike.  He cried for a few minutes and while I was busy consoling him, Sadie decided to jump off the bridge and into the water. Although it was not too deep, she was now stuck in the water, unable to get back onto the bridge and with Nattie in the carrier, I couldn't physically pull her back up. As I tried to lure Sadie, Brady gave up on riding and was sitting down whining and crying and then Nattie started fussing.  At this point, I took a few deep breathes for fear that I might have a complete breakdown in the middle of park and gave some thought as to my next move.  Here is a little snapshot of what I was dealing with...


I was finally able to walk Sadie to an area where the ground was a bit higher and she was able to jump out on her own. After a bit of persuasion, I was able to get Brady back on his bike and we swiftly headed for the car before Nattie had a meltdown and anything else could happen!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh my! Glad it ended ok :)