Monday, September 23, 2013

Shameful

Abi has been in school for three weeks and it would be an understatement to say that we are frequent visitors to the lost & found.  Actually, it would be more accurate to say that we are daily visitors, as we were last week. We are in constant search of her coat, which she usually leaves on the playground during recess but she has also been known to lose her lunch bag, extra clothes, shoes, etc. I'm hoping my relentless reminding (or nagging, as some might call it) will sink in one of these days but unfortunately today was not that day.

After I almost blew a gasket when I saw her come out of her class without her coat, I somewhat gained my composure (mostly out of fear that the other parents might think I had totally lost it) and our trek to the playground and lost & found began (with all 3 kids in tow, I might add). Needless to say, Mom was not a happy camper! After we found her coat, I told her she needed to go home and write a letter discussing what she did wrong and how she was going to fix it.

Here is the letter I received 30 minutes later:

Dear Mom
I was shameful today.
I should of left my coat on.
Next time I will leave my coat
no matter what.
I love you
Your Daughter, Abi

No comments: