Friday, May 15, 2015

SOLD!


After years of talking and months of serious consideration, we finally decided it was time to put our house up for sale. When we moved into our house, 10 years ago, it was just Josh, I and Sadie.  Crazy to think we are now a family of five (and sadly, without our doggy). We have created lots of memories and friendships that I will always remember and cherish. Although I am excited for the change, it is also sad.  This is the house that we brought all three of our kids home to. I'll always associate it with those baby years - middle of the night feedings and cuddles in the rocking chair. Thinking back to those days, especially my first ones with Abi, I can remember exactly how I felt, just like it happened yesterday - excited, scared, hopeful, exhausted, unsure, joyful. I'll never forget that time. It seemed so overwhelming being the parents of a brand new baby. I now look back at those days and realize just how simple (but great) it really was.  

I'm hopeful that our next house will be the one that the kids remember growing up in. Maybe one day they'll look back and remember all the memories they created and we shared in their childhood home.

We are both blessed and stressed to live in the area we do.  Blessed because our house sold in a matter of days with multiple offers above our asking price.  And stressed because we are now looking to buy. We found some new construction in a nearby town but it is not scheduled to be done for another 6 to 7 months so in the meantime we are headed for apartment living.  On the bright side, we will have a pool for the summer so it looks like I have our summer days already planned.

No comments: