Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Wrath of a 3 Year Old

Abi was upset with me before I put her down for her nap/"quiet time" today because I disciplined her for throwing a temper tantrum. After an hour, I went up to her room and this is what I discovered...

Unfortunately, this picture does not even do it justice. It was mess - not only did she take out every toy and book in her room but also emptied every drawer and threw her clothes all over the floor. I'm not sure who coined the term, 'terrible twos' but for us, the threes are proving to be much more challenging!

To make matters worse, the night ended with a flooded bathroom - Abi standing in the middle of it with wet pants, Sadie drinking the toilet water and Josh on a business trip in New York. Needless to say, it was not a fun evening around the Doehne household.

3 comments:

The Arnolds said...

Oh man I'm sorry! Talk about a day and a half! 2 and 3 are definitely challenging aren't they? I hope things go a little more smoothly soon!

mommy23 said...

WOW!!! You should have called... Colin could have come up there in a rush! :) What a day for you guys. Yes, 3 is def. more challenging that 2..atleast that has been my experience!

Elaine said...

Oh Susie! You poor thing! I can't help but laugh at the same time that I'm feeling bad for you. Someday you'll laugh too. In the meantime, call me if you need backup or just an ear to listen to the stories of the day! And if 3 is worse than 2, then I'm REALLY in for it with Tyler! :)